Push paddle right for dits and left for dahs - based on decades of using a
conventional right-handed semi-automatic key (bug).

I was a bit surprised when, a few years ago, I started hearing about people
using the reverse but it makes sense - anything so easily changed will be
changed by someone. The old rationale that there was less fatigue launching
the mechanism to make dots when it was done by the thumb doesn't apply to
paddles. (Actually there are bugs for left-handed people that are reversed
too).

I'm sure there are more "techniques" with paddles since they can be made to
respond to a whisper touch so the old "roll the wrist" action that was
common on bugs to avoid fatigue no longer applies, but I've never pursued
them. Indeed, I seldom use the paddles - I prefer the bug :-)

Have fun John!

Ron AC7AC