These posts on lightning protection served to get me considering my
shack, etc.  I had solar panels installed last summer, and on the side
of the house opposite the electrical entrance panel the installers ran a
wire from the PV panels, inverters, etc., down to a ground rod they put
in.  So I asked them yesterday if there was any bonding of that rod to
the ground on the entrance panel side of the house.  The response was
"They are not bonded.  That ground rod is not a system ground and does
not need to be bonded to the existing grounding system.  It is purely
for lightning protection."

--Dave, W8OV