Jim,

Other than a faulty solder connection or an incorrect resistor value (R74,
R75, R76, R77), I can think of only 2 things that might cause the PreAmp to
not work - T6 could be connected incorrectly or the windings shorted
together, or C146 may be faulty.  Try tacking a 0.01 uF capacitor across R77
(bottom of the board) as a check for an open C146 and if that doesn't fix
things, try rewinding T6.

73,
Don W3FPR