W3FPR - Don Wilhelm wrote:

Other than a faulty solder connection or an incorrect resistor value
(R74, R75, R76, R77), I can think of only 2 things that might cause
the PreAmp to not work - T6 could be connected incorrectly or the
windings shorted together, or C146 may be faulty.  Try tacking a 0.01
uF capacitor across R77 (bottom of the board) as a check for an open
C146 and if that doesn't fix things, try rewinding T6.

-----Original Message----- I just finished K2 #4901 and it works
great.  The only thing I have a question on is the preamp setting.
When the annunciator is on over the preamp, it seems as though
background noise goes down and the signal strength is reduced.

Jim--

Definately what Don said. I was in exactly the same situation as you:

Margaret Leber wrote:
After reworking a couple of suspect joints in the preamp section and
removing and reinstalling T6, the preamp in K2 1641 is now working.

73 de Maggie K3XS
Editor, Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club Blurb - http://www.phil-mont.org
Elecraft K2 #1641

--