Joe,

Sure.  One could build a clean supply using 1A regulators from a
well-filtered supply.  The requirement is +12, -12, and +5.  So, one could
use 7812, 7912, and 7805 regulators -- or their low drop-out LM2940
equivalents.  I believe the max current needed during oven warm-up is about
0.75 amp from the +12V supply and that tapers off to quite a bit less
afterwards.

The trouble with many homebrew power supplies is lack of attention paid to
filtering before and after the regulators -- and sizing the voltage drop
across the regulator to account for brown-out conditions but no more.
Probably the majority of builders neglect the inclusion of film caps and
discharge diodes around the regulators.

I believe the latest ARRL handbook includes good information about power
supply construction and how to go about matching up the transformer to
adequately hit the regulator input target voltages based on rectifier type.

OTOH, new-old-stock supplies (e.g., PowerOne, Condor, International Power)
can be found on-line at a cost comparable to what one would pay to build a
supply using new components.  I paid about $35 for a NOS triple-output
supply made by International Power.

Paul, W9AC