I am almost exclusively a CW guy but I did purchase the KSB2 option with my K2
for some soundcard digital modes.  I finished the board almost a year ago but
have never gotten around to installing it yet.  (It's very hard to pull me away
from CW!)  Well I'm now thinking about installing it and I have a few
questions...

1.  I know that there is a rework eliminator that lets you easily change
microphone configurations but that seems like overkill to me since I will
probably never actually operate SSB after the initial testing.  So a simple
connector for the 16-pins of P1, wired up with the appropriate jumper
connections, makes sense.  But I don't know what kind of connector I need for
this.  A look at the Mouser catalog was overwhelming with the huge number of
different connectors available!  What kind of connector do I need to get?  Is
there any chance that I can find it locally at a Radio Shack or computer store
instead of ordering it?  BTW, an editorial comment - I'm surprised that
Elecraft
doesn't provide this connector with the KSB2!

2.  This may be a silly question, but I would rather ask a silly question than
make a silly mistake!  Do the filter adjustments that I need to make for the
KSB2 have any impact on the ones that I have already made for my CW work?  I
worked very hard to optimize those settings and I would really hate to mess
them
up!

3.  Another possibly silly question.  The ICOM microphone that I will be using
requires a 10K bias resistor between the 5 volt and AF pins.  Will this bias
resistor have any impact on the connections that I will eventually need to make
between my computer and the microphone jack for digital mode work?

Thanks in advance for any information that you can share!

73,
Paul - N8XMS