James,

Yes, the ground through the AC line cord is "possibly" OK, but may or
may not ground a laptop to the AC mains ground - it all depends on the
design of the computer and its power supply.  It also depends on having
the computer plugged into the same receptacle that the rest of the ham
station equipment is using, and that any ham station ground rods are
bonded back to the electrical utility ground system.  That is not the
situation for many ham stations, particularly the part about bonding the
station ground rods to the Utility entrance ground.

There are just too many "ifs" to say for certain whether a problem can
exist or not.  The claims of one Mac user do not mitigate the fact that
there is a potential hazard just waiting to do its dirty work.  Keep
yourself safe.

An entirely plastic computer may not pose a hazard, much as double
insulated power tools protect the user without need for a ground, but
there are just too many variables here - some talk of Macs with plastic
cases, and others talk of Macs with exposed aluminum parts.  Some may be
OK, but others may not - it all depends...  As I indicated, err on the
side of caution and keep yourself safe.  We do not need any silent keys
added because of situations like this.

73,
Don W3FPR