Sounds like you found a bargain, Lew.

The only thing you didn't mention that I would is to put the SWR meter at
the far end with your dummy load and compare the power reading with the
power reading at the rig end. That will give you a measurement of the loss
in the coax - at least when matched. Use the highest frequency band since
that's where losses will be highest.

If the SWR is low, and the loss is low, I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Ron AC7AC