Okey, folks. Thanks for all the good input.  Responding to several posted
queries, I've gathered additional information:

1.  I peeled away a sliver of the outer rubber insulation to inspect the
shield.  It's tinned copper braid over foil, which could be any of a number of
RG-8 family cables.

2. Connecting the SWR/wattmeter at the "far" end of the cable shows that
transmission loss is miniscule; at both 6 meters and 10 meters, I can't discern
a difference in the needle position on the SWR/wattmeter. On 10 meters is's 12
watts. On 6 meters it's about 8.8, which is all that the K3 puts out on 6
meters.

3. SWR is 1.05:1 on 10 meters, and 1.5:1 on 6 meters, but I think this is the
dummy load, not the coax. I get the same readings when I connect the dummy load
to the wattmeter with a three foot section of Cable X-pert RG-8 foam insulation
cable.

4. I'm pretty sure it's not RG-9, as someone suggested.  Both the diameter and
the capacitance per foot are much more in the RG-8 family than RG-9 (spec. .420
diameter, vs. measured .405 which is right on target for RG-8, and capacitnce
of 23.1 pF per foot, vs. specified 30.0 for RG-9.

5. I'm certain that it's not 75 ohm cable, because of the low SWR on every band
through 10 meters.

In one sense, I guess it doesn't matter, since I know enough about the cable to
put it to good use.  The only missing data that might be useful under some
circumstances would be the Velocity Factor.

Thanks for all your input.

Lew K6LMP