Thank you Sandy, Tom, Eric, Mike and William and others for your on and off list answers. I decided to go with 80kHz, and I am waiting my K1 now (last part for Lisa).

73,

Ruchan Ozatay (TA2AH)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "EricJ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'Mike Morrow'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'ta2ah-2'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K1-4, Which VFO range selection, 80 kHz or 150 kHz

I'm afraid I agree for the most part here. There isn't anything of interest about 80 khz from lower band edge. That will probably "shrink" if the "bandwidth" plans are
implemented anyway as far as CW is concerned.
If you are in a contest and have the selectivity ratcheted down to 200 Hz, even with the 80 khz. coverage the tuning gets a bit touchy at times. I can't imagine WHY I'd want to
tune a 150 Khz segment with a "CW only" rig anyway!
My only complaint about my beloved K1 is the RIT tuning is rather touchy and can be critical to set. Again especially so with the narrowest selectivity in. use! Been thinking of reducing the "range" of the RIT tuning as I VERY rarely
work with a "DX offset" more than a couple of khz at most.
73
Sandy W5TVW
----- Original Message ----- From: "EricJ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "'Mike Morrow'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'ta2ah-2'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>