We've released a f/w upgrade for the XG3 signal source. It will be found
by the XG3 utility if you are connected to the internet and click on the
utility's "Copy New Files from Elecraft' button.

Starting with version 1.07, the XG3 contains a Morse code sender with
memory function. This memory can be programmed to repeat the CW message,
step through different power levels and transmit a carrier for a
specific amount of time. (Excellent for T-Hunts!) Yesterday I set it up
with an 18" whip antenna in the window of my ground level office to
beacon on 144.120 MHz. It sent a CW ID followed by 2 second carriers at
0 dBm, -33 dBm and -73 dBm, and then repeated. We were able to hear the
CW up to several blocks away with the XG3 set to 0 dBm output.

The XG3's PF1 sweep button can be programmed by the user to be used as
the CW memory for the XG3. The Morse code sender can be adjusted for WPM
(words per minute), and the memory can hold up to 50 characters.
Meta-characters permit pauses, carrier on/off, repeat and output level
changes. The XG3 will save the prior output state and restore it after
sending the sequence. A convenient way to enter serial commands is to
use the XG3 Utility’s Command Tester (far right tab).

(After upgrading you version 1.07, you may need to re-enter any
programmed sweeps.)

Below is a summary of this feature. For full details, see the release
notes for the XG3 1.07 release, which can viewed via the help menu in
XG3 Utility (after downloading the new firmware from our server), or
directly from our XG3 web page at: http://www.elecraft.com/XG3/xg3.htm

Supported Morse Characters
Letters: A-Z
Numbers: 0-9
Punctuation: . / ? @
Special:
* = SK
+ = AR
- = BK
_ = word space

Morse Memory Meta-characters
^n - set level to n
(0 = 0 dBm, 1 = -33, 2 = -73, 3 = -107)
:nn - turn carrier on for nn seconds (00 to 99)
$nn - pauses for nn seconds (00 to 99)
|nn - recall band/memory nn (0 to 11)
# - repeat entire sequence

Have fun!