As a receiver gets heavily overloaded it's not uncommon for the audio output
to drop as amplifier stages are driven so hard they become attenuators.

As others suggested, the *only* way to confirm is with a wattmeter.

1) What does the wattmeter built into the K3 say?

2) Did your K3 pass the TX Gain procedure without errors?

Ron AC7AC