Julian,

 From the words of Bob Freiss (the designer) on 9/8/2010 --
The KPA500 requires 30 to 40 watts for full output.  With 10 watts of drive
the output will be around 200 watts or a little less.

Bob, N6CM

If one takes the lower figure of 30 watts for 500 watts out, that could
indicate a small amount of compression (non-linearity), and I have not
asked how much less than 200 watts with 10 watts drive, but it seems
that the KPA500 has a power gain factor near 16.7.  Perhaps someone with
good wattmeters will measure it over a range of drive levels.

73,
Don W3FPR