From: "AB8XA" <ab...@arrl.net>
To: "David Yarnes" <w7...@cox.net>
Cc: "Elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>; "qr...@qrp-l.org"
<qr...@qrp-l.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [qrp-l.org] A KX1 to a worthwhile ham

http://www.elecraft.com/KX1/kx1faq.htm

Q: Some have described the KX1 as providing "accessibility" for blind hams.
Can you describe this feature and what it can be used for?

A: The KX1 includes full audio CW feedback on switch press, including in the
menus and for frequency readout. This feature allows the KX1 to be used in
situations where you can't conveniently look at the LED display, such as
when operating mobile (bike or car). It also provides a backup to the
display for use in very bright sunlight. Finally, it will make the KX1
immediately accessible by blind hams, a community that very much benefits
from ham radio. We're happy to be able to help them out.

--
Moe - AB8XA
Elecraft KX1 #2484, Fists #13020, SKCC #7460,

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======

=======