>  But with CW, even a small fraction
> of a second delay would make full break-in impossible.  You wouldn't be
> able to listen to your own transmitted signal since the delay would make
> it hard to send.  You'd have to generate the sidetone locally and accept
> the fact that the RF comes out a little bit later.
> Alan N1AL

Hi Alan,

It's not as grim as all that.  For local area connections,
particularly for someone remoting his own equipment, the likelihood is
that both remote and base are using the same ISP.  In those cases
latency can be as little as the TX/RX state change times in the K3
(except for QRQ mode).  Having worked with the delayed mode monitoring
in the FT1000MP's bucket brigade CW delay device, I found I could
tolerate 20 ms lag from keypaddle to audio.  Didn't like it, because
it FELT like there was something wrong with the paddle.

Not impossible, and you guys are the ones to solve it.

73, Guy