Since MRP40 CW uses the computer's sound card all you need with the K3
is a 1/8" stereo jack to hack cable
the K3 already has a line out that is transformer isolated and at the
appropriate level to drive PC sound-cards

I see that MRP40 CW advocates using AFSK in SSB to send CW, please don't
since unless very carefully done with a high quality computer soundcard
it will result in a very wide and grotty transmitted signal. I hear
quite a few crappy AFSK CW signals on the bands and I am pretty tired of
having QSO's ruined by AFSK CW a couple of KHZ away from me.

the K3 has the hardware required to CW key and activate PTT via RS232
built in

In summary, you need an audio cable and perhaps an RS232 cable

On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 09:34 +0100, Gavin Keegan wrote:
> I would like to use the MRP40 CW program with my K3 (1336) connected to
> my laptop and need details of a suitable interface unit, preferably
> homebrew.  Can anyone help with either a design or details of a
> proprietarily made unit please?  Gavin Keegan - G6DGK

73
Brendan EI6IZ