I recently measured, using lab  grade equipment, 16 powdered iron toroid
inductors of approximately 2uH and 16 of approximately 9 uH, at a fixed
frequency. Details can be seen at
http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/may_2011.htm under 15 May 2011 entry.

The purpose of the exercise was to assess the inductor-to-inductor
variation, recognizing that 16 inductors, wound by the same person, and
from one batch of cores, is likely to show less variation than if 16
different builders wound one inductor each, and if the cores were from
random manufacturing batches.

The inductance spread was 10% for the 2uH parts and 8% for the 9uH parts.

Jack K8ZOA