Hi Ray,

Paperwork is not the problem. If you pay for the shipment on-line you can
fill out the simple paperwork there as well. The real problems with
international shipments are cost and insurability.

USPS is reasonable if you can ship by International First Class Mail.
Unfortunately you can't purchase insurance so this not good for an expensive
item. You can send it as Registered which is highly reliable within the USA
but once it leaves our air space all bets are off. I shipped a 3 pound ebay
item (value $250) to Israel with registration and it had not arrived after a
month. I started a trace 2 months ago and still have not heard any results.
So I had to reimburse the buyer and if the trace comes back as lost I
"might" be able to collect a small amount of money. I'm not holding my
breath.

You can use USPS International Priority Mail but the limit of insurance is
only $650. Not good enough for an amateur rig. And then if it isn't
delivered how easy will it be to collect the insurance??? And how long will
it take to trace the shipment before they settle the claim??? The buyer will
want his money back right away.

The best USPS has to offer is Global Express Guaranteed. It has a $2500
insurance limit. I priced up a 10 pound package to the UK with $2000
insurance and the shipping cost is $155.

UPS is probably the most reliable service since they have their own people
at the delivery end but the cost will be higher still. The same 10 pound
package in a 12 x 12 x 12 inch box, insured at $2000, would cost $224 to
ship to the UK.

Is it worth the hassle when there are buyers in the US? I don't think so.

73,
Mike K2MK