I agree with Mike that paper work may not be the problem but I think we have
all heard of horror stories of one kind or another. Dealing with the USPS is
usually a pleasant experience but not always. One international transaction
took me over an hour at the counter. The supervisor was repeatedly called.
It was the clerks first day on the job. He still works at the same office
but he doesn't smile when I remind him of his first day. There was also the
clerk that wanted international postage to ship to New Mexico.

My biggest fears are what I will call the Nigerian scams. Ebay sellers see
them all the time. There always seems to be a new twist to what turns out to
be an old scam. Certified checks and other bonded instruments turn out to be
worthy only for hanging in the bathroom. By US law checks less than 5K$ are
quickly cleared but may be billed back weeks later with all charges reversed
and hefty negotiation charges added. Paypal may be a useful tool but not
everyone can process credit transactions. Even if you have credit card
capability certain international transactions require the card to be swiped.

No one has mentioned international packing requirements but everyone has
heard of the clerks playing soccer ball with the packages. Everything has to
be very well packed. Adding the words 'fragile' or 'this side up' calls
attention to the thieves of valuable contents. Also the contents may be
subject to customs inspection so you can not seal everything up. This also
gives the thieves an opportunity to inspect. Heavier items must be wood
crated. One famous amplifier manufacturer requires their power transformers
to be removed and shipped separately.

Finally, US citizens assume they are protected by US law. This is almost
never the case in foreign transactions. The buyer's country law almost
always applies which is to say no law at all if we are shipping to many
third world countries.

In the end I think you can understand why it is far easier to say CONUS
ONLY.

Fred Townsend, AE6QL