Well, I saw the fuss made of the kx3 on various networks and signed on
for a new one when they become available.
THEN, I read on, and it seemed the K3, on investigation, was an even
better piece of kit, especially for a base station operation.
As an avid follower of SDR (built a few HPSDR modules) the K3 seemed
ideal for me,
What with the reviews and the customer support reported (and now
experienced) to be so good, I put an order in for a K3 the same day.
(Always been impulsive!)
I just hope I've paid for it by the time the KX3 is released.
I am an old licence, but been inactive for 20 years, this is my first
new rig in that long.

These new diigi modes and amateur radio internet sites have been the
main difference I've noticed in that time, that and anything above 14Mhz
seems closed.
I last operated at sunspot maxima, Australia to Uk on 10 meters no
problem, every day..
Cant wait for the kit to arrive, already preparing the neighbours for
what I can get away with antenna wise.

Thanks Elecraft, good no know boffins and people with abilities can
still whip the Japanese corporates.

--
*Iain Haywood  G4SGX*