Well,

My K3 arrived promptly, constructed it in 6 hrs last night, easy peasy..

However I was last active two sunspot maxima ago, (1983 ish) and found
it easy to receive on all bands with just a 30 foot length of wire slung
out my rooms window.

I know its now just passed a solar minima but hell its quiet.

So far I have heard no sigs, although the the receiver seems to be
working fine, aerial tunes up oK, normal band noise.

About S9 noise on most bands though, without the attenuator switched in,
NB and NR work well.

Very frustrating, gonna have to take it somewhere with a good antenna to
test properly, as I expect at least to hear a few locals.

Unfortunately I rent and have no room for a dipole even but Im working
on that, neighbours are being primed, may get away with a trapped
inverted L next week.

Gonna go round switching off all TV's and floro lights

Sure its fine but very frustrating.

--
*Iain Haywood* G4SGX