According to QRZ, Beacon Doug, W7RDB, is on the Sammamish Plateau and not in
Seattle.  Seattle is due west of Doug unless his repeater is at some other
location.  Line of sight distance between my QTH and W7RDP is about 11.5 miles.
 Also, I am on a hill top and depending on where Doug is located we could have
close to line-of-sight path.  I don't have a gain antenna, just a 300 foot
delta loop that I can tune to 6 meters.

Oh, I have not heard his beacon, started listening at about 7:45 PM and it is
now 8:10 PM.

73, phil, K7PEH