Al,

Try it with regular keying - say a string of dots.  The LED bargraph is
a good indicator of the instantaneous power output up to 10 watts - 1
bar per watt.

The power control is intentionally more "sluggish" in TUNE than in
normal keying as an assist to those who use a manual tuner.

The resolution on the 8 bit DAC controlling the VPWR level will produce
about a +/- 0.5 watt variation from the power level that is set.

Moving the power control during a TUNE may produce some slightly erratic
power level changes because there is a lot going on when you turn that knob.

What I am suggesting is that there may be no problem at all - check with
normal CW keying.

73,
Don W3FPR