It amazes me how many people hold a straight key these days. I'd have been
chucked in the head and laughed out of the room holding a key like that when
I was a kid but, in recent years, Christopher wasn't the first I've seen
actually sending like that.

Proper grip and posture is all about avoiding fatigue (the famous "glass
arm" syndrome), and few Hams today sit down with a straight key and enough
traffic to keep them at it nonstop for any length of time.

I'd never want to discourage a new CW operator. It's great seeing how many
younger Hams find CW as fascinating as we did way back when it was the
dominant mode on the bands.

73,

Ron AC7AC