In the early 1960's I was pulled "off the bench" Lockheed Missiles and Space
to write a manual and never looked back.

I enjoyed 'looking over the shoulders' of engineers and scientists to
document what they were doing rather than spending long hours alone
designing something myself.

The best writing always comes from personal experience so I've taken many
important breaks from the keyboard, sometimes for years, to study and
actually do the things I write about; field engineering, sales, marketing,
management and more (even assembling a radio kit :-).

That's made for a fascinating, varied and always challenging career for me.

I'm grateful for all those wonderfully competent and creative people out
there who don't have the time to write or who don't like to write. You've
kept me very, very busy.

Ron AC7AC