Hello Joe,

Your observation is correct.  While many hams blame the manual of whatever
radio is poorly written, they in fact simply do not border to read the manual.

There is even a test about 'how quick you can operate a radio without reading
the manual'.

English is not my native language and radio is not my profession.  The only way
for me to learn radio technology is mostly via reading the manuals thoroughly.
Manuals of radio gears are now becoming my toilet readers (excuse for my
indecent words!).  I have the habit of reading the manuals many times.

I ordered the KE7X K3 user guide.  No doubt, it is well written and worth the
money.  However, if one can thoroughly read all the related manuals produced by
Elecraft (or even email exchanges in this reflector), he actually doesn't quite
need this user guide.  I do not have a single intention to damage the sales of
the KE7X user guide but just simply express what I feel after reading it.

TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

從︰ "Joe Subich, W4TV" <li...@subich.com>
收件人︰ n...@nf4l.com
副本(CC)︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期︰ 2011年06月30日 (週四) 6:52 AM
主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] Tech Writing

> At first glance I thought "The problem is that there are so many who
> never bother to ready the manuals these days" was a typo.

Actually, it was a typo.  While there may be those who don't care to
prepare a quality manual, there are far more instances of users who
simply don't care to even attempt to read/understand the manual.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV