On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Bruce Beford
<bruce.bef...@myfairpoint.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the response, Ken. The rev B manual is not yet available for
> download via the web page. I have built my own cable without pin 11
> connected between the K3 and KPA-500. This raises the question then-  what ,
> if any, is the disadvantage of leaving pin 11 disconnected to allow the K3
> to control the PR6 preamp, while using the KPA-500?

Presumably this is intended to allow you to have the KPA500 active on
some bands, and inactive on others, selected by setting DIGOUT1
(per-band) on the K3. If you don't have a need to do that, I don't see
any disadvantage to leaving pin 11 disconnected.

    ~iain / N6ML