I recently had a lightning strike near the house, which entered on the cable
line. Immediately afterword the cable modem was smoking (and hot to the
touch!), and my wireless access point (WAP) was dead. Unfortunately, my PC
connected to the WAP, also was dead, and my P3 and K3 connected also have
problems.

I've already ordered the P3 i/o board that just arrived. Thought the K3 i/o was
working, since my logging program had no difficulty getting info from the K3
(when connected directly).

I guess I foolishly decided to upgrade the K3 with the firmware released
yesterday. Things went OK initially but K3 utility hangs after 30 seconds or so
(it is able to interrogate the K3 for version number).

I've ordered the replacement K3 serial i/o board, but would love to get the K3
out of the update mode for the weekend (that is, now every time I turn the K3
on it is wanting an MCU load).

Anyone have an idea about how to return  the K3 to regular service (which is
seemed to be doing prior to the upload) while I wait for the i/o board?

73, Tom W4KX