Eric,

To be totally versatile, I would think two antennas per band would have
to be available - and that means a total capability of 18 selections.
Yes, the band/antenna should be controlled by the K3, and a 9 position
remote switch on each of the KAT500 outputs should serve any need (a
maximum of 2 antennas per band).

That is a lot of connectors, but might be properly addressed by offering
4 outputs for each KAT500 output (8 total) that the user could configure
for the bands desired - similar to the KRC2 configurator application.
For those who need more, offer an additional 5 x 2 outputs as an option.

In my particular case, I have 8 feelines that would have to be handled.
1 for 160/80/40, another for 80/40. 1 for 60 meters, one for a 20/15/10
meter dipole, one for a 20/15/10 meter beam, one for 30/17/12 meter
dipole, one for an 80 through 10m vertical, and one for a 6 meter beam.

So just looking at the combinations and permutations, I would need to
configure each  KAT500/SW output for the particular combination of bands
it would be used for, and my needs would likely not match those of
anyone else, so configuration of the bands active for any one output
connector would be needed.

I have tried arranging my switching automatically, and have given up
because it does not cover all situations I want.  To make matters more
complex, I want to switch those feedlines to one of 3 transceivers in
the shack, and so I have 4 feedlines for 160 through 6 meters coming
into the shack to make that possible.

Good luck on satisfying even a majority with any one given solution
unless each output is configurable for any combination of bands.

73,
Don W3FPR