Hi Chuck,

I was faced with the same questions last winter when I added the second RX.

There was some concern that diversity reception would suffer if the two
recievers were not filtered exactly the same. Since I considered diversity
reception to be a bit of a gimmick I went with just two filters. The 2.7
5-pole that is included and an 8-pole 400hz filter. My main RX has 2.7, 1.8,
500 and 250 filters, all 8 pole except the 2.7.

A few months later I discovered that I had been wrong about diversity
reception. It is actually amazing and it works great with my filter
combination.

If you are working CW DX, you will be listening on the subRX and I find it
useful to open the subRX up as much as 600 or 700 hz on some pileups so I
hear more in the right ear and the narrow filter on the DX in my left ear.
Team that up with the P3 and you are gonna be happy.

I got my 8-pole 500hz filter directly from INRad.

73,

-Robby
VY2SS