Jack wrote: I owned 5 transceivers in my lifetime and I purchased a narrow
(1.8) SSB

filter for only one.   It was a total wast of money.   For me the filter was

too narrow for voice communications and if a nearby station was too close

the  splatter and the narrow passband made the situation worse.

<END SNIP>

I have both the 2.1 and the 1.8 filters. They make the difference when there
is a big contest underway.

The secret is to use the "LO --- HI" adjustments together to "fit" the best
audio within the envelope. Its awesome how you can increase the
intelligibility while at the same time minimize unwanted adjacent signals.
Of course, there is nothing you can do about a strong signal right on you
frequency but that's not the fault of the 1.8 filter bandwidth.

73, Fred