The way I look at it, "73" doesn't translate specifically to any
particular words (in English, or any other language). It's a
language-independent expression of good will to the other operator,
akin to verbal expressions in English like "all the best", "cheers",
etc. Given that, I don't think it's necessarily any less-valid to
pluralise it when morphing it into a verbal or textual expression in
English. Now.... is it "seven-three[s]", or "seventy-three[s]" when
spoken aloud??? ;)

73[[']s],

    ~iain