Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 02:02:58 -0700
From: "David Yarnes" <w7...@cox.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA500 Temperature
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

I also assume that if I were running RTTY, or some other intensive mode, I
would need to back off of the power on the amp, just as I do with the K3.  I
don't operate that mode very often, but I know it's hard on PA's.  The
manual doesn't say much about that--it only says "500 watts output" without
indicating any difference by mode.  Most other amps I see have a reduced
power rating for RTTY, etc.  For now, I'll assume that's an oversight.

Dave W7AQK