Hi Sam,
Agree.  They also don't report how the guy they worked had to struggle
to pull them out or what his equipment was.

I did a breakdown of the maximum distance to 100, 200 and 300 DXCC
countries for each country of the world.  EU certainly has a big
advantage.  Several EU countries have 100 countries within one hop or Es
skip.  The best locations ring the Mediterranean sea.

On the other hand the worst places are in the Pacific.  At least they
have a "prefix gain" advantage.

At the 300 country level, everybody is about equal.

Easiest    km to 100,200 and 300 countries
5A Libya   3373, 8179, 15547
3V Tunisia 3477, 7762, 15495
9H Malta    3583, 8000, 15315
7X Algeria  3603, 7694, 15173
TA Turkey   3638, 8779. 14158

Difficult
3D2 Fiji    10710, 14499, 17308
3D2 Rotuma  10813, 14260, 16932
T30 West K   10823, 13757, 16170
YJ Vanuatu  10825, 14514, 16819
H40 Temotu  10892, 14213, 16458

73 de Brian/K3KO

On 8/1/2011 12:41, Sam Morgan wrote:
> All these QRP/QRO contacts stories,
> are pretty meaningless to me,
> *UNLESS*
> they have antenna, band, and qth information included.
>
> 1w/5w/15w from a 3 ele beam @ 70 feet
> is a bit of a different story
> from a short clandestine wire and an apartment building....
>
> or
> 160m vs 20m
>
> or
> DXCC from middle of Europe _or_ middle of Kansas
>
> just saying......
> ;-)
>
> --
> GB&  73
> K5OAI
> Sam Morgan
>
> On 8/1/2011 12:48 AM, Dave Sergeant wrote:
>> On 31 Jul 2011 at 22:07, vicki glover wrote:
>>
>>> Until I built my K2 (7186) I had no idea that dx on 15 watts was even
>>> possible.  I have been running QRO for a couple of years and making the
>>> contacts, but getting alot of these same contacts (Sweeden, Hungary,
>>> Lithuania) on 15 watts with a radio I built is hard to top.  Only been
>>> running this rig for a week or two now, but am extreamly well pleased
>>> with it. Just wanted to share the joy. 73 mike-kb3qja __
>>
>> 15 Watts is decidedly QRO, I have never run more than 5 Watts from my
>> K2 in the past 9 years and have 231 DXCC. Last month I worked in the
>> Club 72 Marathon (http://club72.su/marathon.html) with just 1 Watt for
>> most of my QSOs and found stations came back just as easily with that
>> power as they did with 5. Conditions have been pretty dire recently but
>> nevertheless had quite a few nice QSOs including some in PY and LU.
>> Give it a go, you will be surprised.
>>
>> 73 Dave G3YMC

> -----
> No virus found in this message.