Rick,

While jumpering out the filter may increase the receiver response, there
are too many other things going on to make a solid judgement.

Receiver problems of that nature can be deceiving unless you do Signal
Tracing.

You apparently have a signal generator with a calibrated output, and I
suggest you turn to the Troubleshooting appendix in the back of the
manual and go through the Receiver Signal Tracing procedure.  If you are
monitoring the RF voltage with an oscilloscope, multiply the expected
readings by 2.8 for the 'scope P-P RF voltage - if you have no 'scope,
now is a good time to build the RF probe from the parts supplied with
your K2 kit.

If I guessed wrong on your signal generator capability, you can build
the oscillator shown in the manual appendix - it works very well.

As Eric indicated, Gary has been gone, and he handles most of the K2
support issues.

73,
Don W3FPR