From: Pierfrancesco Caci <p...@tippete.net>

>Neoklis,
>I use 64bit ubuntu (the last LTS, though, not the most recent
>one), and the K3util works fine. The only thing that doesn't work is the

>help tool of the k3util, some library is missing/confused.
I can understand the feeling. I just bought an HP P1102w printer that was
on discount offer - now I am struggling to get it to work in Linux...

>The other apps offered by Elecraft instead are windows only. No way of
>running the memory editor in wine. I'm told some of the other tools
>(e.g. the one to upgrade the firmware to the 2m internal transverter)

>are windows only too.
Well, this is were I can't understand so many manufacturers, wanting to hide
the communication protocol of their products. It discloses little of the
internal
functioning and it prevents the Linux community trying to fill the gap in the
(not) available drivers/utilities....

Regards

Neoklis - Ham Radio Call 5B4AZ
QTH Locator KM64KR