* On 2011 05 Aug 01:41 -0500, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
> Neoklis,
> I use 64bit ubuntu (the last LTS, though, not the most recent
> one), and the K3util works fine. The only thing that doesn't work is the
> help tool of the k3util, some library is missing/confused.

I was advised to install the libgtkhtml package to enable the help
functionality.  It does not seem to matter that it is at version 3.32 in
Debian Sid, it still works.

> The other apps offered by Elecraft instead are windows only. No way of
> running the memory editor in wine. I'm told some of the other tools
> (e.g. the one to upgrade the firmware to the 2m internal transverter)
> are windows only too.

Yes, unfortunately that is true.  It's too bad that the memory editing
commands used by the memory editor have not been released so an
equivalent program could be written for other platforms.  Unfortunately,
the Linux user must still have a Windows crutch lying around to enjoy
the K3 to its fullest.  Sigh...

73, de Nate >>