And that's why we offer the KPAK3AUX cable set, which includes:

1. The AUX cable between the K3 and KPA500 with several pins removed
(see cable description in the KPA500 manual).
2. A Y cable to allow more than one device to use the K3s AUX connector
when th eKPAK#AUX cable is in use.
3. A M-F 15 pin adapter with the PTT pin removed to allow other devices
to interrupt PTT via the regular RCA-RCA PTT path, if needed.

See:
http://www.elecraft.com/elecraft_prod_list.htm#kpa500

73, Eric  WA6HHQ

---