Yes, of course there are several advantages to using the AUX cable and I also
got to the habit of changing bands with the KPA500 buttons (whether in
operate or standby condition) - and with the Y cable, the K3 still controls
the antenna relays through the BCD-10 band decoder without a problem.
Everything is done at the push of a single button and you are ready to go...
Very convenient indeed. Especially when chasing ST0R on different bands!
If you have a K3, IMHO the AUX cable is a must!

Dick Dievendorff wrote:

> There is at least one advantage to using the accessory cable between K3
> and
> KPA500.  The K3 can sense when the amplifier is enabled, and adjust its
> output power to preset levels accordingly.
> Dick, K6KR

-----
Richard - HB9ANM