"DATA A" *is* USB with no equalisation, etc - that's the point. It
allows you to easily switch between SSB and data modes without having
to adjust audio processing for each.

I just looked at my passband, with spectran, in DATA A and USB modes
with the bandwidth cranked up to 4.0kHz (in both cases) with a 2.7kHz
filter. Indeed, the passband seems to be cut off at about 200Hz on the
low end in DATA A mode, but not in SSB mode. What's that about?

http://www.dseven.org/ar/passband.png

    ~iain / N6ML