I would suspect Chip has some sort of problem Don, my KAT2 has never
failed to get a match to anything conductive :-).  Actually, it won't
load an end-fed half-wave on 40, but does with a 1.3:1 SWR on 20.  Go
figure.

Just out of curiosity, is the KAT2 some sort of steepest descent
algorithm? ... or maybe that's proprietary.  At any rate, both my KX1
and KAT2 ATU's really do work.

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA