From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of David Gilbert
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:20 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KAT2 with EFHW antenna

The simple answer to your question is "no".  An end fed halfwave would
theoretically present a few thousand ohms to your feedline, giving you
an SWR of several tens to one.

Consider this .... it is likely that the tuner with the greater loss
will more easily give you a "match" to a difficult load.

73,
Dave   AB7E