An EFHW is a very efficient antenna, but the usual tuner needs help.  One
way to use the EFHW is to put a toroidal winding at the base of the antenna,
between the tuner and the antenna. Bifilar or trifilar or quadrifilar
windings configured as a tapped winding will reduce the tough impedance to
something that the tuner will handle easily.

The 80 meter version of this, an end-fed half-wave L fed against ground is
probably the best single wire antenna for 80 meters that there is.

73, Guy.