Field testing hasn't officially started yet, other than testing of the
four units in use by the design team. But I can give you some estimates.

Receive-mode current drain will typically be 130-170 mA depending on
supply voltage, backlight level, whether the preamp is on, etc. So a
2500 milliamp-hour internal 8-AA battery pack would provide an average
of about 16 hours of continuous use. This is 2 to 3 times what you'd
get with other small all-band/all-mode radios that consume ~350-450 mA
in receive mode.

Transmit current varies with power level, band, supply voltage and
other factors, but in general it's about 1 amp at 5 watts and 2 amps
at 10 watts. At 10 W, you could probably run for 10-20 hours from a
12V 7AH battery, assuming typical hunt-and-pounce or casual operation.

Transceive operating time from an internal battery will be determined
by voltage or energy-density limitations of the 8 AA cells being used.
You'd probably be transmitting something like 10% of the time (good
QRP practice). Assuming a 2500 mA-hr pack, 1 A current drain in TX
mode, and 150 mA RX, you might get as many as 10 hours of casual
operation.

73,
Wayne
N6KR