The display manufacturer's data sheet specifies a minimum 10,000 hours
for the backlight.  That looks like a suspiciously rounded number, so I
suspect the typical lifetime is much greater than that.

I generally have mine on all day long while I'm doing firmware
development.  I've been doing that for over two years now so (as a wild
guess) I probably have 6-8k hours on the display so far with no sign of
degradation.

Alan N1AL