I need some help on the KRC2 I just built for use with my K3. I have the
auxbus connection set up and the KRC2 responds fine to the band settings
of the K3--turns on the relay drivers for each band and also the ACC
drivers follow the K3's KRC2 config menu settings. The KRC2 also passes
the push button tests in the manual.

However, I want to change the band map of the KRC2 using the Elecraft
KRC2 Configuration Programmer Software. I find the instructions for the
s/w--on the Elecraft web site--as well as the KRC2 manual pretty cryptic.

With the PC connected to the KRC2 PC port, and the slide switch in the
DL position, the s/w KRC2 Config window pops up with "KRC2 Firmware =
1.5;". Simultaneously, but underneath that window I get the "Error
connecting to a KRC2...No KRC2 found. ..." window. After closing both
those windows, a try of the "Send To KRC2" button reports "Last Send
Failed!".

Does anyone have experience with this? Besides the slide switch, are
there any jumpers in the KRC2 that need to be set? I have jumpers 9-23
all installed, and jumpers 1-8 all open.

I'm guessing the "KRC2 Firmware = 1.5" report implies the PC is
communicating with the KRC2. So why the "No KRC found." report?

I've tried this with both a USB-serial converter and a hardware serial
port with the same results.

Any help appreciated.

73 - Don, W7VXS