I think we have missed the point. Any line powered device that has a
conductive enclosure should have that enclosure bonded to the 'green
wire'. It is a personnel safety issue. The KPA500 is line powered and
has a metal enclosure.

REPLY:
Thus my point, the power supply for any radio is powered by AC and
should be wired accordingly as suggested with the "green" wire.

   the KPA500 does *not* use a separate power supply. It has a built-in
power supply and so plugs directly into the mains outlet.

REPLY:
Thank you. I stand corrected that the unit power is directly supplied by
AC thus the need for "green" wire.

A power supply transformer can't be considered to be totally isolating
for safety purposes unless there is a shield between the primary and the
secondary that is grounded to the primary.

REPLY:
I am aware of transformer supplies. I was referencing to switch-mode
supplies (transformer less). I believe they have isolation between
primary and secondary.
Radios using this type of supply should not need the "green" wire to
radio. It should go to the power supply itself as explained above.

72
Ron, wb1hga