Have you guys actually thought this through??

In most cases, the DX is trying to work as many people as possible as
fast as they can.  Giving you an "accurate" signal report requires them
to decide how strong you are (takes a small amount of time) as well as
manually type into the logger a different number than the default (takes
a lot of time, relatively speaking, to tab and type).  Everyone else in
the pileup is going to be glad you didn't get your "accurate" report.

As for that "accurate" report, in most cases you aren't going to have a
clue what kind of antenna the DX is using or even what direction it may
be pointing at the moment, so signal strength is utterly meaningless.
The DX isn't "lying" about anything.  You are simply deluding yourself
if you think their report means anything other than that you were
strong/readable enough to get through the pileup, which you should have
recognized by that point anyway.  If you want a number different than
599, make up your own and log it ... it will easily have every bit as as
much relevance under those conditions.

Dave   AB7E