From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:51 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K1: RF gain and RIT controls

I'm finally going to open the box I've had for 2 years and build a K1 so
I'll have a rig for the Australian outback next month! Before I start, a
couple of
questions:

1. Has anyone come up with a good RF gain control, aka AGC threshold
control?
Please, no lectures about how the K1 doesn't need it, or how the RF
attenuator works great.

2. In searching the archives, I found hundreds of posts about the RIT range.

Too many to sort through. Is the mod in the manual the best and simplist for
reducing the RIT range, or was there a definitive posting of a better one?
While I'm at it, is there a drop-in replacement for the RIT control that has
a center detent?

Thanks!
    -Bruce AA5B