Hi Jack
Thanks a lot for your valuable feed-back.
Yes you are correct that there are some assumptions.
The Spectrum Analyzer is very flat over the spectrum I have been checking -
thats a fact.
I assumed that a small piece of wire would be fairly omnidirectional - and thus
have the same gain - on these low frequencies. I still think that is true, butI
have however not taken into account that the short wire will have very
different impedance on the fundamental and harmonic frequencies. This may be an
important error source.

Yes I am indeed in the near field of the antenna, and this may be a source of
error too. This I can verify, because the Spectrum Analyzer may run on
batteries and I can operate the K3 with my iPhone (or a small laptop) so I can
easily measure in the far field. I need to think about how to make a proper
measurement antenna though.

I dont think pick-up directly from the K3 due to imperfect shielding is the
cause, since it then also should be present on the measurements on the dummy
load.

But, al this said, I don't think it explains why the measurements are so
markedly different on 14 MHz compared to the other bands. Thatr is my main
worry.
The question remains whether this is specific to my K3 or to something else
locally.

Poul-Erik OZ4UN